Safer Touch Defender - Natural Copper Case for iPhone se 2020, iPhone 7, & iPhone 8
Actively kill bacteria¹ and help your phone to be germ-free with this sleek and beautiful copper cell phone case.
- EPA-Registered, Scientifically Proven, and Laboratory Tested!
- Sleek soft-touch plastic edge; snap-on case
- Germ-killing: antimicrobial means it destroys, kills, and inhibits the growth of disease-causing bacteria, like MRSA, staph, and E.coli
- Kills more than 99.9% of bacteria¹ within 2 hours, and continues to kill 99.9% of bacteria¹ 24 hours a day
- CuVerro antimicrobial copper surface is wear-resistant and durable - the bacteria-killing properties will remain effective for the life of the phone case
- Easy to clean, simply wipe with a soft cloth
- CuVerro is made from at least 80% recycled content and is 100% recyclable
- Does not interfere with cell phone reception
- Compatible models: iPhone 7, iPhone 8
- Color: Matte black with CuVerro white bronze antimicrobial copper
- CuVerro is an active copper surface and may patina over time, but it will not turn green.
¹EPA Registration & Tests
CuVerro® bactericidal copper surfaces represent the first class of solid-surface EPA-registered materials that actively and continuously kill bacteria1, 24 hours a day when cleaned regularly.
CuVerro alloys have been put through rigorous GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) testing by the EPA to evaluate their effectiveness in killing bacteria responsible for many hospital acquired infections (HAIs). The three GLP test protocols used to support EPA registration of antimicrobial copper alloys with public health claims and associated findings:
- Efficacy as a Sanitizer
CuVerro surfaces kill bacteria within two hours, proving its efficacy as a sanitizer.
- Wear Test:
CuVerro efficacy does not wear out or wear down over time and continues to help inhibit the buildup and growth of bacteria between routine cleaning and sanitizing steps.
- Repeated Contamination Test:
CuVerro surfaces work continuously to kill more than 99% bacteria, 24 hours a day, even after repeated contamination.
These EPA tests used stainless steel as the control since it represents the most common material used in hospital and surgical settings. The data shows that copper efficacy significantly outperformed stainless steel in all three tests.
Public Health Claims
Based on EPA Registration, products made with CuVerro can be marketed with the following public health claims:
Laboratory testing has shown that when cleaned regularly, this surface:
- Continuously reduces bacterial contamination, achieving 99.9% reduction within two hours of exposure, when cleaned regularly.
- Kills greater than 99.9% of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria within two hours of exposure.
- Delivers continuous and ongoing antibacterial action, remaining effective in killing greater than 99.9% of bacteria within two hours.
- Kills greater than 99.9% of bacteria within two hours, and continues to kill more than 99% of bacteria even after repeated contamination.
- Helps inhibit the buildup and growth of bacteria within two hours of exposure between routine cleaning and sanitizing steps.
CuVerro is proven effective against the following bacteria:
- E. coli O157:H7, a food-borne pathogen that has been associated with large-scale food recalls
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), one of the most virulent strains of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and a common culprit of hospital- and community-acquired infections
- Staphylococcus aureus, the most common of all bacterial staphylococcus (i.e. staph) infections that can cause life-threatening diseases, including pneumonia and meningitis
- Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), an antibiotic-resistant organism responsible for 4% of all HAIs
- Enterobacter aerogenes, a pathogenic bacterium commonly found in hospitals that causes opportunistic skin infections and impacts other body tissues
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a bacterium that infects the pulmonary tracts, urinary tracts, blood and skin of immunocompromised individuals
*Prop 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to lead and lead compounds, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Find more information here.